Infographic of the Day: Make Your Social Media Obsession Your Job

Infographic: How Your Social Media Obsession Can Become a Career

Those of us who work in social media know how easily it can become an obsession. Checking accounts last thing at night and first thing in the morning…monitoring Twitter follows and retweets, and Klout scores — you know who you are! One of our favorite blogs, 12 Most, had a piece awhile back that described the “12 signs that you’re a social media addict.” It’s sure to inspire lots of head nodding.

But the infographic below, from the University of Florida, shows the potential for turning that obsession into a paying gig (and you can’t say that about too many obsessions!). Two of the most interesting stats are near the bottom: The first is that 70 percent of marketers are looking to expand platforms. The other one is that 30 percent of companies want to expand their social media presence but don’t have employees with the skills to do so. Maybe you are just the person for the job!

In other words, if your social media expertise goes beyond the basics (i.e., Facebook and Twitter) you will be able to make a case for yourself during your next interview for a community manager or social media marketing position. Good luck — and go update your LinkedIn profile.

Infographic: How Your Social Media Obsession Can Become a Career

 

Subscribe to Socially Stacked

Comments

comments

One Response to Infographic of the Day: Make Your Social Media Obsession Your Job
  1. Antonio Calero Reply

    This infographic is AWESOME !!! Lots of useful information and well presented. Thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Please enter your name, email and a comment.


1 − = zero

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>