UPDATED AS OF 4/9/2014: Facebook has released a new design for Pages, we’ve included an updated version of this template in addition to the current layout at the bottom of this article.
The Facebook cover photo is prime real estate for any business’s Page. Are you using yours to maximum effect? If “Redo my Facebook Page cover photo” has been on your to-do list for awhile now, our new template will make this an easy task to check of your list!
If you use Photoshop, open the template in the program and quickly replace the images with your own. If not, just use it as a guide. Either way, it’s so easy to use, you can have your gorgeous new cover photo installed in minutes.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
* Update your cover photo frequently – once a month is ideal.
* Always include a photo description when you update your cover photo image; in the description, provide links and a call to action.
* Use arrows and other design elements to direct Timeline visitors’ eyes to the Like button or to an app.
* Coordinate your cover photo with your profile photo.
* If you haven’t yet, experiment with free photo-enhancing sites such as Pic-Monkey.
And if you’ve been struggling with what kinds of status updates to post, page two of this guide includes Facebook Page status update tips and best practices that will get your Page the engagement you’re after:
* Share a tip — start with the word TIP so it stands out in News Feeds.
* Post the most interesting fact related to your content and link to the rest.
* Engage! Respond to comments and questions.
* Stay positive!
If you don’t have Facebook’s new Pages design, here is the current Facebook Page layout template!
If you already have the new Pages layout, here is the updated version of this template!